St. Augustine’s Catholic Primary School
Headteacher: Mrs Hilary Jarvis
St. Augustine’s Catholic Primary
and Nursery School
Telephone: 020 8698 6083
Fax: 020 8461 2131
The school opened in September 1928 and the first Headmaster, was Major Harold Canty, assisted by teachers Mrs Tindall, Miss Edmunds, Miss O’Sullivan, Mr Huett, Mrs Bensley and Mr Sullivan. The school was blessed and opened by Canon Monk and mass was celebrated in the hail. There was no Catholic Church to serve the needs of the school or the parishioners then and worshipers came under the Parish of St Philip Neri Sydenham, where Father Dolman was Parish Priest. Mass was celebrated in the school hall every Sunday.
Presently, St. Augustine’s is a one form entry Catholic Primary School with a Nursery for children aged 3½ to 11 years old. The school is situated between Beckenham Hill Road and Southend Lane, backing onto Beckenham Hill Station. Entrance to the school is located in Dunfield Road.